Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pinwheel of Glass



While experimenting with glass in the kiln last winter - I accidentally made a pretty pinwheel of glass.

In an attempt to make a pendant - I carefully placed small nuggets of glass in a circular pattern while leaving an open space in the middle.

My hope was that the glass nuggets would fuse together in a circular shape (similar to a lifesaver candy). I was then going to attach a cord or chain to create a glass pendant.

Much to my surprise when I opened the kiln, a pretty pinwheel made from glass was staring back at me from the shelf.

My hope is to create some of these little nuggets from white and red glass in order to look like little peppermint candies that could sit in the bottom of a dish or in the vase of flowers during the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are very cool! I can see them in pinks and purples for spring too.

Jo
www.dogmawglass.com