Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Sweet Taste of Summer



What tastes better on a hot, muggy summer day than iced-cold watermelon?

Nothing tastes better in my opinion.

These stained glass panels are hanging in a kitchen of a woman who lives on the Oregon coast. I know that seems like an unlikely place for watermelon to hang - but hey - what the heck.

These panels are made from one of my favorite styles of glass (vertigo) and from my favorite color of glass (red). So it should be no surprise that watermelon is my favorite fruit. I can literally eat two watermelon per week during the summer months. In fact, when I was expecting my first child in August - I ate three watermelon a week just to keep cool and keep the cravings at bay.

Well - that is probably too much information about my personal eating habits while I was pregnant nearly 24-years ago.

Enjoy what is left of your summer!

No comments: