Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kitty Art


I love to visit New York City and I love to visit my daughter. Since she lives in NYC I get the best of both worlds.

During a recent visit she took me for a stroll along the High Line Park located in the packing district in that infamous city.

Apparently, as the story goes, the rails were used for many, many years to transport the product of the packing district to the piers along the Hudson River. As the time changed the rails were no longer used and quickly became an eyesore for the neighborhood.

In an effort to rebuild the area a group of concerned citizens formed a "Friends of the High Line" here to help raise awareness and funds to create something nice out of blight.

The city of Scottsdale, Arizona has suggested to the residents that we come together and create a similar project for the area in South Scottsdale which has been abandoned by the Car Dealerships formerly located in the 'Miracle Mile' along McDowell Road.

This little picture above was taken because I love the public art space. I especially love the little angel kitty which has been added along the walk.

It's an amazing park and I hope to see something similar in the city of Scottsdale.

No comments: