Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Perfect Morning



Being born and raised in the same neighborhood in Scottsdale has its advantages.

I pretty much know all of my neighbors, their kids and grandkids. I've seen the infamous 100-year flood at least three times so I know what to do and how to do it every time it does flood. Most of the customers at our auto repair shop have known us since third grade. And, when a former grade school teacher comes into the shop for car repair -- I simply can't call them by their first name. I have too much respect for them.

The city of Scottsdale is known world-wide for many things also. The first-class resorts, the art community and galleries, shopping and of course -- GOLF.

My idea of the perfect morning is to get up early, grab some coffee at Circle K then hit the driving range before the desert heat removes the dew from the blades of grass.

The picture listed above is one of my favorite driving ranges. It sits in the 'Green Belt' which is actually a flood plain through the city. Before the Corps of Engineers designed the Indian Bend Wash flood zone -- the floods would simply slice the city in half with all the water that would flow following the monsoon storms.

Now the entire city runs North to South with green golf courses, dog parks, soccer fields, city lakes and softball/baseball diamonds.

Spending the start of my day on the driving range is the perfect morning.

No comments: