Saturday, March 1, 2008

Criss Cross Patterned Stained Glass




This panel was interesting to make.

While sitting at the drawing table with a black sharpie marker in one hand and blank grid paper staring back at me -- I couldn't get any design to flow from my mind to my fingertips.

So I grabbed a ruler and began to mark straight lines crossing over each other. With a few revisions I came up with this pattern which reminds me of a mountain or volcano.

I like the criss-cross pattern in this panel. I changed the color, texture and sizes of the glass where they connect.

Then in a moment of whimsey -- I added glass nuggets to the top of the top of the triangle.

The nuggets look like fire and ash blowing out of the volcano as it erupts.

2 comments:

adrienne trafford said...

this is so beautiful - i love the curves and angles together - lovely!!!

Rocki Adams said...

Oh my Vicki! This rocks - really, it does!